Lifting the veil


I never noticed, until recently, all the garbage that the food industries try to feed us - no pun intended (okay, maybe a little one). Now that I know more about how the production and processing companies work, I see these things all over the place. Things I'd never have seen before, but that I'm sensitive to now. Things that would make you believe what God provides just isn't good enough. Today I saw a vegetable wash that said "because rain just isn't enough!", a few days ago I saw some fruit with the phrase "giving nature a helping hand", a box of popsicle's I wanted to buy said "all natural" but when I looked at the ingredients it included all kinds of junk, like high fructose corn syrup. The supermarket is FULL of it - nothing less than false advertising more often than not, gross exaggeration at other times, and omission of facts others. I love Wegmans, so its hard for me to admit that theyre part of this game, but when I asked them today where their beef came from I was told they didn't know, other than it comes from Canada, USA, and Mexico. Great. You don't even know what country your meat is coming from?? The food industry wants to keep us from the truth, that their products are ALL about benefiting them and truly they could care less about what happens to you. I'm taking a hospitality class in college and one of the sentences in my reading today said, flat out, that the hospitality and tourism industry's goal is to "extract as much money from the customer as you can without losing him/her". This is what these people are TOLD to do when they earn their degree! And you had best believe they are so good at what they do! Their goal is to squeeze every cent out of you and hold on to every penny they possibly can - it doesn't matter what lies they tell you, so long as you add another figure to their profit. I will be one less person to buy into their gimmicks, I am going to put my faith, family, and health before putting chemicals into my body to simply save a buck. Don't be blinded by the lies, the truth is all around you - you just have to open your eyes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment