A glance behind and looking ahead

It hasn't been very long since I posted my first blog about my decision to pursue a natural lifestyle - a day when my house was packed full of processed, enriched, starched, and genetically modified foods. I have been learning so much about what it means to live a nautral lifestyle in that time - I now know that to be natural is more than a decision to eat organically - I see that it means to go back to the roots of what we are about as human beings. This journey has truly brought me closer to the Lord in a more raw and natural way. Its helping me to see the beauty in life - a beauty untainted by the world and its chemical enhancements. And I'm actually doing it! Completely organic meals are becoming more and more common, its becoming easier to choose whole natural foods because I have simply ruled out everything else. Its amazing what you adapt to given the right mindset. Soon it will be spring and I will be moving on to greener pastures - right in my back yard! We are going to start growing some of our own fruits and veggies, just another step towards our goal of a self sustaining lifestyle. I hope to be a mommy someday soon, and I have already started researching and reading about ways to raise a child naturally and frugally. Marcus and I are attending a financial seminar now as well, which will help us both get on the same page as far as our finances go. I think soon we are going to sit down and make a five year plan - some real goals to try and work towards. This life is so exciting and promising, and I cannot wait to see where the Lord will take it. I pray that in everything we would glorify Him in this. Soon I will start posting the ways that I am trying to make our upcoming wedding (15 days!) a reflection of our lifestyle that we have chosen to pursue. I am also starting to experiment with recipes that I want to perfect so that I can finally start working towards my dream of owning a bakery and cafe - yes, an all natural bakery and cafe! =D Then in the fall we plan to buy a free range cow from a good friend of ours (the meat, that is)  and soon we also plan to start purchasing raw milk. I love this adventure and I'm so glad to have you on it - whoever you are, wherever you are reading this - I hope in some way I have inspired you thus far. Many blogs ahead, we've only just begun =)

1 comments:

Marcus said...

I am so proud of you and US for making this transition!! Its great that we've stuck to our guns in spite of others opinions and I'm glad we're doing it together. I am very proud of you and I cant wait to see where life will bring us and I know it will all be amazing with you by my side supporting me and our family every step of the way. xoxo

Post a Comment