Bedside blogging, Day 2

I wasn't planning on blogging a second day in a row, as I didn't really think I would have anything new to write about - I was wrong. Last night I had blood labs drawn and they came back showing an elevated liver enzyme count. This coupled with my still increasing blood pressure has led my doctor to believe that I am indeed developing preeclampsia, and it seems to be coming about rapidly. Preeclampsia is mostly dangerous to the mother as it can turn into Eclampsia which can cause seizures - among other things. The only cure for preeclampsia is delivery. This morning my doctor came in to discuss the findings with me and told me that when they do the ultrasound today they are going to check the girls' positions. If they are both head down, she believed it would be best to begin inducing labor. Otherwise, I will continue to be monitored until they decide to remove the girls via C-section. either way it appears that I will be delivering these girls before the week - possibly the day - is over. It's crazy how fast this is all happening, and I can't help but feeling completely unprepared. The NICU doctor just came in to talk to me and was rather reassuring. At 30 weeks, he said, the outlook is very very good. There are still risks and complications and challenges, of course, but as a whole the girls should do well, considering. Now I am waiting for my doctor to come see me and to start the ultrasounds/testing. I'm just trusting God - the timing of all of this is so ironic, that I know there is a plan. My hope and faith is in the Lord - he brought us to this, and He alone will bring us through it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment