Bedside blogging, Day 16 - D Day

This morning I woke up to nurses going through our usual routine - blood pressure, dopplers, medication, etc. I was anxious to get the day started because I knew I was having an ultrasound that would determine our next course of action in regards to delivery. I ordered my breakfast and by the time I was done they were wheeling the chair over to bring me in for my ultrasound. From watching the tech take the measurements I could tell that both of my girls were smaller than they should be, I just wondered if they'd grown at all - which was the determining factor in delivering or not. She finished the exam after about 45 minutes and said she wanted to call the doctor to have her look over the results, so I was wheeled back to my room to wait. About 15 minutes later the high risk OB (or Perientologist) came in and shook my hand and said "So! We're inducing you today". I was thankful for the bluntness, to be honest. She told me that Evie only grew 30 grams over the past two weeks - at this point she should be growing that much per day/every two days. Even London's growth was slowing down, which is a little concerning and makes us think the placenta is breaking down or that my pre-eclampsia is causing more issues. As of right now Evie is *just* a hair under 2 lbs and London is just over 3 lbs.
Right now I am waiting for a room to open up in Labor and Delivery and then I will be moving over there, at which point they will begin inducing me. I'm going to be on a Petocin drip to induce me, and we're not sure how long it's going to take from there. It could be a few hours, or it could be a day or two, it's really uncertain and all depends on how my body responds and how "ready" it is for labor. Marcus is still at work and is just waiting for me to let him know when they begin inducing before he leaves, poor guy is so anxious lol.
I'm nervous, I'm nervous for delivery and I'm nervous for my little twincesses. I know they're going to be small and I'm praying that they do well on the outside. I'm laying here feeling them flip flop around in my belly, knowing this is the last day I'll ever feel them kick, is sort of sad. I love keeping them close and while I will be SO glad to be done with this pregnancy, I am going to miss my girls. It's so surreal to think in a few hours I will see their little faces and touch their tiny toes. Please keep the girls in your prayers, we're going to have a few rough weeks ahead of us. And if you wanted to send out a prayer for their mama, I wouldn't complain ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment